baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.01 ftpput

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.01 ftpput
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:53:37 -0500 (EST)

I have given up using ftpput for ftp upload (to a site where busybox
ftpput won't accept a username starting in '.') and busybox wget does not
appear to work for ftp download with username/password.

I could copy over theBL1 ftp program, and add that to Kermit 7 (which
does not do ftp) but I am first trying to compile Kermit 8, which does
ftp, instead.

I downloaded the source code and had to change SHELL=/bin/sh to /bash in
makefile so it would not give me errormessages aboutnot finding echo.

It compiled for about 10 minutes (making .c files into .o files).
Now it wants ncurses.h. ftp.planetmirror.com still supports SW3.6 (not
5) and I downloaded ncurses.tgz and found curses.h. CanI just make a
symlink to that or do I need to look at the SW4.0 ncurses.tgz for
ncurses.h?

I also downloaded ratpoison source code but it is set up to compile with
autoconf and automake, and on top of that it wants Xll headers and libs
and I have not installed X to BL1 which I am using to compile. I think I
will give up on ratpoison for BL3 and try icewm from Bl1.