baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.01 ftpput

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.01 ftpput
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 00:59:22 -0500 (EST)

I can't get files from an ftp site:

> Can't you use wget? Or links?

I managed at some point to download index.html from the ftp site in
questions (667K, oor 667 bytes?) and it was full of javascript.

wget student1.wccnet.org may have been what got index.html. I don't want
index.html, I want to get files from a student's directory, which I cannto
access without loggin in somehow, and I don't know how to log in with
wget. Is it possible? This is NOT an anonymous ftp site, it is set up
specifically for students to get homework and things from and post files
to and requires logging in.

Then I tried links g ftp://student1.wccnet.org
and got to a screen with a login link but when I click on it I get a blank
screen. If I just tab down to it, at screen bottom links displays a long
URL with some numbers and javascript:StopHealthApplet and more
numbers.....

Do I need javascript to log into this ftp site without an ftp program?