baslinux - Re: [BL] 56k modems

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 56k modems
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:59:21 -0500 (EST)

My roommate notes that some plug'n'play modems will need to have the
jumpers set properly to a com port if used with DOS or Linux. We have two
Cirrus 33K ISA modems on which you put all the jumpers on to set them to
use with Windows Plugnplay, but for DOS you have to set COm port and IRQ
by putting on just a couple of jumpers . (And in DOS you also have to put
a line in autoexec.bat hanging up the phone line before the modems will
work - meaning if you turn on the computer and someone else is online in
the house they lose their connection.)