baslinux - Re: [BL] 56k modems

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 56k modems
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:43:50 -0500

> Does anyone have a 56k modem that works with BL2?
> If so, or if you know of any more brands that would work, could you
> give the brand name specifics(Where you bought it. Online purchase?).

This one is a Courier V.Everything internal.
I don't remember the one in the other computer, but it's a also a 56k, and
also works with BL2.1.

> It can be ISA, PCI, or external(USB,serial, or parallel). Just about
> every 33k or 28.8k (internal or external) have worked with BL but
> haven't found any 56k except one that has to be compiled(and this is a
> winmodem compiled for RedHat).

Excuse my commenting, since i know so little; but I had the impression
lots of people have 56k modems, and am surprised to hear that there is s
problem.

Thanks,

Sheldon Isaac