baslinux - Re: [BL] 56k modems

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 56k modems
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:29:25 -0500

> Thanks Sheldon, Sindi. I will look for these modems. Sheldon do you know
> if your modem is PCI or ISA?
>
> 56k modems known to work with BL2(Slackware Linux):
> 1. Courier V.Everything internal
> 2. FM-56PC DataFaxVoice 11/04 Rev. 11.1.11 --> ISA

I'm pretty sure this Courier (an old one I got used) is ISA.

I will check and report back. Also will check the modem in the other
computer and report.

I have a cheap new 56k modem in a box, a Viking. Haven't used it, other
than to check that it worked with Windows a couple of years ago. It's
sitting there as a spare. Will plug it into the 2nd computer and try it
with BL 2.1.

Regards,

Sheldon Isaac