baslinux - Re: [BL] bl2.10 on bootable CD

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bl2.10 on bootable CD
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:43:27 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> Thanks for ftp. Where do I look for sftp?

I'll probably include ssh. I think sftp might be part
of ssh.

> By desktop stuff I meant gnome, kde,

Definitely no gnome or kde in BL3.

> especially if they automatically load when you boot the
> computer and you need to figure out how to stop them.

I was planning for BL3 to start in CLI. Execute startx
to go to the GUI (first time you execute startx runs the
configuration routine).

> I presume 'X' means Xvesa

Yes.

> how much space does Xvesa, icewm, and xterm take up
> all together?

Around 2mb (including all necessary libraries).

> What applications would you have

Perhaps an email client? Wordprocessor? File manager?
I haven't gotten that far. It will depend on how tight
the space is at that point.

> the ones currently included with your BL2-X packages
> (calculator, clock)?

Does anybody actually use those? They are quite small
so I could easily include them, but are they worth it?
Which of those little X programs do people actually use?
If any of you guys want one of those in in BL3, please
let me know.