baslinux - Re: [BL] bl2.10 on bootable CD

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bl2.10 on bootable CD
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:20:55 +1300

Flaig, Benno wrote:

> I am new to Basiclinux and I searched for an Image for a
> bootable CD. I could not find one.

I do not have a CD burner, so I know nothing about such things.

> Finally, I managed to build an 2.88MB Floppy Image to be burned
> to an Eltorito Bootable CD. This version of basic linux boots
> using freedos (http://www.freedos.org).

Sounds interesting. But doesn't that waste 99% of the CDrom?

> I would like to share it with the community.

Thank you. Perhaps some people would find it useful. However,
I think most people here are using old hardware and don't have
CD burners (I could be wrong).

> Is there a need to have a bootable CD version downloadable?

Perhaps. However, I think most people burning a Linux CDrom
would prefer to fill the CD with a more powerful distribution
(like Knoppix).

> Whom should I contact or to whom should I send my Image to
> decide upon?

Does anybody reading this (who has a CD burner) want to try
this?

> the BL distribution homepage does not give a contact address
> besides the mailing list

I prefer doing these things on the list so other people can
have an input too.