baslinux - Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:40:13 +1300

Ron Clarke wrote:

> > OK, it's probably the filename. Check the spelling for
> > your copy of Xvesa (xvesa?) and use the fullpathname.
>
> That is when I get a screen full of commandline parameters
> for Xvesa.

If you SHIFT-PAGEUP above the list of commandline parameters,
is there any kind of error message preceeding it?

Please send a copy of the exact command you are using
to start Xvesa.

Are you booting from a clean DOS (without CONFIG.SYS and
AUTOEXEC.BAT) ?

Here is another way to start Xvesa with icewm, but it
is more complicated and less flexible:

( Xvesa -terminate -screen 640x480x16 & ); sleep 2; DISPLAY=:0 icewm

The above line assumes that both Xvesa and icewm are
executable and that both are in your PATH.