baslinux - Re: [BL] XWindows virtual screen size

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] XWindows virtual screen size
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:57:52 +1300

Matrix Mole wrote:

> I prefer to hand-edit the XF86Config file myself. That
> way I know exactly why certain things appear in the file.
>
> My question on how to get the full screen resolution on
> the display was answwered by the ordering of the display
> resolutions. I'll add "1024x768" before "480x600". Then,
> even though I'll still virtually have the 1280x1024, more
> of it will be on the screen at one time.

>From 'man XF86Config'
Virtual 1280 1024
This optional entry specifies the virtual screen
resolution to be used. If this entry is not
present, the virtual screen resolution will be
set to accommodate all the valid video modes
given in the Modes entry. Some X servers do not
support this entry. Refer to the appropriate X
server man pages for details.