baslinux - Re: [BL] XWindows virtual screen size

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] XWindows virtual screen size
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:14:10 -0500 (EST)

I had the same problem that you describe. Run XF86config again and when
it asks if the modes are okay answer no. Then rearrange the order of
resolutions on each line so that the highest resolution which your
hardware can handle and which you want is the first one. The default is
to use 640 resolution with a 1280 virtual screen (for my 2M S3 video card,
anyway) which is what you seem to be describing. The first resolution on
each line is used if available. Put 1024 FIRST on the top line of the
list of modes by choosing its number first. You might also make sure you
have no virtual modes chosen.

Why do we have this default, Steven? Is it optimized for VGA?