baslinux - [BL] XWindows virtual screen size

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasLinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [BL] XWindows virtual screen size
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:46:20 +0000 (UTC)

I finally got X installed on my BL machine. Edited the XF86Config file to
include data for my monitor and installed the xsvga.tgz package and setup
the Screen section of the XF86Config file for the SVGA mode. I think I
missed something or other though when setting it up. When I startx I get a
huge display area and the only way to reach the entire screen is by
scrolling the mouse off the edge of the screen to get the screen itself to
scroll in that direction. Did I miss something that caused the display
setting to stay set at 640x480 but giving me a virtual useable area of
1280x1024? I'd prefer to just be at 1024x768 actually, don't need the
1280x1024.

Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org