baslinux - Re: [BL] Ted problems

  • From: Day Brown <daybrown AT hypertech.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Ted problems
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 02:02:00 -0800

James Miller wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Day Brown wrote:
>
> > reversal. I havent seen the modeling yet, but I wouldnt be surprised if
> > a magnetic pulse would show up during that transition, and wipe out
> > every hard drive on the planet along with all other forms of magnetic
> > media. You better have a UPS too.
> >
> I wonder if a few hundred million spontaneously formatted hard drives
> might not actually do this world some good.
Law enforcement, for one, would prolly crash along with their windoz
computers. Maybe we need the revolution we'd get anyway. But it'd be
pretty chaotic, at least for a while. But once going again, Linux would
be the defacto standard.

What would a BL rescue system look like? Bash, MC, xwin, kppp, &
browser. Anything else needed to get you online so you could download
the rest?