baslinux - Re: [BL] Ted problems

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Ted problems
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 20:49:41 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Day Brown wrote:
> >
> > What would a BL rescue system look like?
>
> Same as it looks now.

I disagree. I'm in a situation right now where ramdisk BL is not
sufficient. At a minimum, fsck/e2fsck needs to be added for real rescue
work. My situation may be fairly untypical, in that I cannot access a
floppy from my machine, nor does networking operate (unless maybe I try to
use the serial port), but it does prove that there are cases wherein
standard ramdisk BL2 does not suffice for system rescue. If I manage to
salvage this BL2 install, you can bet I'm going to add extra Linux rescue
utils to my DOS partition so that I'll be able to access them from BL
ramdisk. Other BL users with old notebooks with hosed floppy drives take
note.

James

PS I could always attach a serial modem and get stuff off the 'net that
way using the included modem support and browser. So I guess there are
ways of doing things with ramdisk BL on this system, if somewhat
convoluted.