baslinux - Re: [BL] Ted problems

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Ted problems
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:31:43 +1300

James Miller wrote:

> Unfortunately, it seems that, by the time Linux got
> around to developing powerful wordprocessors (I mean
> the kind that do advanced formatting like footnotes
> and the like), everything was moving toward gui
> frontends.

Wordprocessors probably need some sort of graphical
display (if only to preview the completed document).
If a perfectly good graphical display scheme exists
for Linux (X), why use anything else?

> Would be nice to see some of these "backported" to
> the console, no?

I'm not sure about that. I've always had a love/hate
relationship with wp51. More hate than love, actually.
I had to use it at work, so I got my own copy to use
at home. Inertia has kept me using it ever since.
If a version became available for Linux, I wouldn't
know whether to laugh or cry.