baslinux - Re: [BL] Can BL fix the Linux problem?

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Can BL fix the Linux problem?
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 11:47:36 +1300

James Miller wrote:

> In practice, I don't think I can say that in the time
> I've been using Linux ars ago) I've ever been rescued
> by DOS. I've also not had any critical Linux system
> (most of my machines are actually in a perpetual state
> of system development) ever suddenly fail on me.

You must be a lot more careful than I am. I'm always
tweaking something on my system (to see what it does)
and sometimes this has deadly consequences. But fixing
it is easy. I just boot the ramdisk version (which sits
on my DOS partition permanently) and undo whatever it
was that I did. That's an advantage of having a (small)
bootable DOS partition.

Likely I will at some point: I don't suppose anyone