baslinux - Re: [BL] man2html script

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] man2html script
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:42:19 +1300

James Miller wrote:

> > This works for me:
> > #!/bin/bash
> > zcat `find /usr/man/man* -name $1.*` | man2html > /tmp/xxx.html
> > links-0.93 /tmp/xxx.html
> >
> This exact same script does not work for me.

I just ran it again (xxx ifconfig) and got a lovely manpage
for ifconfig. Very fast too.

> Neither Lynx nor Links will display a page

links is a alias for links-0.93. Aliases don't work in
scripts, so you need to use the full name of your links.

> (something like "it's not a valid manpage").

Did you type in the script? Or block copy? If you type
it in, it's easy to get one of those ` wrong. When I
put a script in a message, I always block copy the
actual script (from an xterm).

> Could the problme be with "find"? Did you install the
> full version of "find" on your system, Steven?

Nope, it's the busybox find.