baslinux - Re: [BL] man2html script

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] man2html script
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:23:33 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> James Miller wrote:
> >
> > I've been able to do the steps separately - i.e.,
> > zcat /usr/man/man1/antiword.1.gz | man2html > /tmp/xxx.html
> > then
> > -------------------
> > links /tmp/xxx.html
> > -------------------
> > which brings up the manpage nicely in Links.
>
> This works for me:
> #!/bin/bash
> zcat `find /usr/man/man* -name $1.*` | man2html > /tmp/xxx.html
> links-0.93 /tmp/xxx.html

This exact same script does not work for me. Neither Lynx nor Links will
display a page (something like "it's not a valid manpage"). Could the
problme be with "find"? Did you install the full version of "find" on
your system, Steven? I haven't. I recalled some problem with the "find"
command in BL in another recent discussion and was wondering if the
busybox version BL apparently uses is where the problem lies.

James