baslinux - Re: [BL] man2html script

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] man2html script
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:56:50 +1300

James Miller wrote:

> I was trying to call manpages that were not installed on
> the system (e.g., bash and cat). Don't know why these
> common ones didn't get installed,

When you did the HD install, those executables were installed
from the ramdisk, not from Slackware packages. The ramdisk
did not have room for manpages, so there weren't manpages
there to install. If you want manpages, you can install the
relevant packages from Slackware over the top of the ramdisk
ones. Or you can extract just the manpages from the archives
and stick them in a /usr/man/man? directory.

but when I try to