baslinux - Re: [BL] pcmcia help, more frequent fsck'ing

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pcmcia help, more frequent fsck'ing
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:32:04 +1200

James Miller wrote:

> I've counted 6 symlinks I made in my attempt to get the
> pcmcia NIC going on my machine: 1) cat; 2) expr; 3) ifconfig;
> 4) insmod; 5) route and 6) uname.
> Could I ask which should be left, and which I might be better
> off deleting and replacing with the fuller versions found in
> the tcpip1 and procps packages?

I'm a great believer in the "if it ain't busted, don't fix it"
philosophy. If your system is working, leave it as is. Just
remember, if you install a base package, a file with the same
name as one of those symlinks could follow it and overwrite
busybox. If that happens, boot the ramdisk version of BL2
and copy the ramdisk busybox over the corrupted one on the HD.