baslinux - Re: [BL] pcmcia help, more frequent fsck'ing

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pcmcia help, more frequent fsck'ing
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 08:02:01 +1200

James Miller wrote:

> Ok. Didn't yet resolve the netstat matter,

It's not in BL2. I think it is in tcpip1.

> Symlinking the "route" command to /sbin

All this symlinking to busybox has a downside. If you
subsequently install the tcpip package(s), the new version
of route (etc.) may follow the symlink and overwrite busybox.
Rather than doing any symlinking (too late now), it would
be better (and simpler) to install tcpip1 so that the real
versions of those commands will be in the expected places.

> Shall I make a list of the various busybox commands that
> need to be symlinked in /sbin in order to get pcmcia cards
> (NIC's, at least) functioning under BL2 Steven?

Thanks, but no. I think it would be better to tell people
which packages they need to install (with pcmcia.tgz). It
appears from what you have said that tcpip1.tgz and modutils.tgz
are the ones needed.

> The two that remain to be resolved are netstat and fuser:

tcpip1.tgz and procps.tgz

> I just need to resolve those missing commands and then figure
> out where /etc/rc.d/rc.pcmcia start needs to be added for the
> system to get pcmcia support going at boot time. Would this
> be in /etc/rc.d/rc.S?

Yeah, you can put it right after the insmods.