baslinux - Re: [BL] pcmcia help, more frequent fsck'ing

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pcmcia help, more frequent fsck'ing
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:25:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> It's not in BL2. I think it is in tcpip1.
>
> > Symlinking the "route" command to /sbin
>
> All this symlinking to busybox has a downside. If you
> subsequently install the tcpip package(s), the new version
> of route (etc.) may follow the symlink and overwrite busybox.
> Rather than doing any symlinking (too late now), it would
> be better (and simpler) to install tcpip1 so that the real
> versions of those commands will be in the expected places.

Well, shouldn't I maybe go in and delete the symlinks and then install the
packages? It's only 4 or 5, btw. I think that will be relatively easy
using MC, which I've gotten installed now that I can network the thing.
Given what you've said, I'm inclined to do it, even though it involves
undoing some of my "handiwork" - unless you see some danger in undoing the
symlinks or something.

James