baslinux - Re: [BL] xpdf / pdftotext

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xpdf / pdftotext
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 12:15:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 4 May 2003 f5nlg AT tiscali.fr wrote:

> > 2. JP's site: 217.109.169.18/download/basiclinux/
> > (links219 static and miniX and what else?)
> > It would be nice to have a list of what is in each package there
> > (an online text file).
>
> there is a 00index who describe all packages in each directories of my site
Thanks.

> All package i make is slackware complient so they can be install with
> pkgtool or installpkg

> > 5. The link to Opera 6.03 (which so far has never crashed for
> > me and works even in xmono) and maybe also to Netscape 3 or 4.
>

> The Opera 5.05 and 6.12 is on my site you can browse the entire
> /download directories there is a lot of stuff but all maybee need
> additional libraries all the 00index are in french but it will change
> soon .

I can try to translate them for you now. (I have finished the large free
Russian compiler translation I was working on all year). Please email me
the pages you want translated or give me the exact URLs. Someone else
who understands Linux better should edit my translations.

Steven said Opera 6.11 (?) crashed predictably on forms. Other Linux
users had trouble with 6.1x but said 6.0x worked, so I tried 6.03 and it
has never crashed yet.

> > Someone posted a link to rootlinux zgv and I think someone else had
> > offered to compile zgv for basiclinux. Can I 'order' a compiled version of
> > zgv from JP to be posted at his site and/or your site?

> gave me the link and explain me what is zgv ? i'm not sure it's very
> interesting if you have links it does all kind of web images

But lynx and console links do not do images unless you add a viewer. I
am using seejpg but zgv is probably better.

I will try to find the source code URL for zgv.

> I will put a very small ftpd server ftpd-0.42 very nice one ... and
> about 80ko in tgz tonight

> Cheers
>
> Jean-Philippe

Sindi Keesan