baslinux - Re: [BL] xpdf / pdftotext

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xpdf / pdftotext
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:26:56 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 3 May 2003 keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote:

> SUCCESS with pdftotext used with or without lynx.
>
> The non-gzexed pdftotext file from Doug Kaufman (which he either compiled
> or got out of the foolabs package and stripped) is about 900K and it
> works perfectly.
>
> I have asked if I can share it, but you can probably also use the one
> from foolabs. Any volunteers to post this version? (387K .gz file)

I recall you earlier saying that the output of pdftotext was less than
desireable under Linux. It seemed to me you were even thinking of
pdftohtml as an alternative for this reason, thinking that perhaps it
would display the output better. Am I recalling correctly? What is the
final consensus on pdftotext: is its output acceptable, or does it leave
some things to be desired? Does "work(ing) perfectly" mean that the
display issues you seemed to be having with it earlier are fixed?

Thanks, James