baslinux - Re: [BL] xpdf / pdftotext

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xpdf / pdftotext
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 10:33:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 4 May 2003 qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote:
> >
> > The non-gzexed pdftotext file from Doug Kaufman
> > (which he either compiled or got out of the foolabs
> > package and stripped) is about 900K and it works perfectly.

(Except now he recompiled it with msktemp and I have to test this
version).

> > Any volunteers to post this version? (387K .gz file)
>
> Yes, I'm happy to add it to the collection at:
> --------------------------------------
> http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/download/
> --------------------------------------

Steven, can you please put links at the basiclinux (BL2) site to:

1. Your download site (for flwriter and ssh and eventually pdftotext and
what else?)

2. JP's site: 217.109.169.18/download/basiclinux/
(links219 static and miniX and what else?)
It would be nice to have a list of what is in each package there
(an online text file).

3. www.ncf.ca/ncf/pda/computer/dos/baslinux/lynx-ssl.tgz
(Lynx 2.8.4 compiled with ssl)
(Or maybe post a copy of lynx at your download site).

4. ftp.nluug.nl/pub/editors/ted/Ted_2.13-Linux_ix86.tar.gz
(Ted)

5. The link to Opera 6.03 (which so far has never crashed for
me and works even in xmono) and maybe also to Netscape 3 or 4.

I don't guarantee that I got these all correct.

Did I miss anything? I have been keeping notes on the backs of old
envelopes and I finally put everything in one place.

Someone posted a link to rootlinux zgv and I think someone else had
offered to compile zgv for basiclinux. Can I 'order' a compiled version of
zgv from JP to be posted at his site and/or your site?

Is there a paint program for Linux which does not require X?

Sindi Keesan