baslinux - Re: [BL] X on Hercules mono for dummies

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X on Hercules mono for dummies
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:50:09 -0400 (EDT)

> That's how icewm starts. No windows. You click on the penguin
> to get the menu.

I have found a way to get an xterm without a penguin.

Right click on the bar to get a menu.
Click to the right of Logout.
Get another menu - choose 'Start new Xterm'.

There are supposed to be ways to do all this without a mouse, so there
should be a keyboard equivalent of 'click on the penguin' too. Did you
include a man page or other documentation for icewm with your BL2-X
package?

If I type links219 -g in the xterm it puts Links on the screen in a less
than full size window, in pink. If I run links without a window manager
(and I think with ratpoison) it is full-screen but perhaps that has
something to do with the monitor resolution (I did those on a 640 only
monitor).