baslinux - Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:25:13 +0000

sindi keesan wrote:

> should the whole package be installed or just
> the five needed files from it?.

The whole package.
----------------------
installpkg elflibs.tgz
----------------------

> Is there some way to read a .gz file online with Lynx
> or Links

I think I configured links (in BL2) to open gzip files.
Try right-arrow and see what happens.

> or must it be downloaded first?

You will probably need to refer to that MANIFEST again in
the future, so it may be worth downloading.

> And the remaining one (libX11.so.6) is probably included
> in what would be downloaded to run X, right?

Yes, xbin.tgz is one of the base packages needed for X.

> I guess there is no need for Jean Pierre to post these files,
> except maybe libX11.so.1 for people who don't want X.

links can be compiled without the libX11 dependency (but then
it will not run in X, only in vgalib). Leaving out libX11 will
probably make the binary smaller.