baslinux - [BL] BL, X11 and Graphics

  • From: David Moberg <davidjohnmoberg AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL, X11 and Graphics
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:34:43 -0700 (PDT)

How do I get better graphics with X11? On the BL
website, it says "To get better resolution, you will
need to replace the generic xvg16 with the specific
Xserver for your video card (this may require complex
configuration)." I'm afraid that's not enough to get
it working.

I'm trying to get 1024x768x65536 at an 85Hz vertical
refresh rate. The graphics card I'm using is an ATI 3D
Rage Pro, with 8MB of video RAM. Can someone please
explain which packages I need to download and install,
and how to set up the resolution, color modes and
refresh rate?

Thanks,
David Moberg

http://search.yahoo.com