baslinux - Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 20:09:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> > libtiff.so.3 (525K) and libping.so.2 (229K) but not libjpeg.so.62
>
> libtiff 180kb
> libpng 157kb
> libjpeg 127kb

Thanks for tracking down the smaller files (all in one place).
In addition to libvga and libgpm, is there anything else in that package
that would probably be useful in BL2? (I. e., should the whole package be
installed or just the five needed files from it?).

> The filelist is just a list of package names.
> MANIFEST.gz lists the contents of all the packages.

Thanks. Is there some way to read a .gz file online with Lynx or Links or
must it be downloaded first?

> Most of the files need for links2 are in /slakware/a4/elflibs.tgz

And the remaining one (libX11.so.6) is probably included in what would be
downloaded to run X, right?

I guess there is no need for Jean Pierre to post these files, except maybe
libX11.so.1 for people who don't want X.