baslinux - Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL and the small web browser
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 19:59:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> sindi keesan wrote:
> >
> > I was about to go hunting for libtiff, libjpeg libping
> > libgpm and libX11 in the CDs for Caldera 2.3 and SuSe 6.2.

Because I could not find some of these files in the Slackware file list.

Thanks for posting the names of the packages where they are found. Since
I think I need only one file each from jpeg6.tgz and gpm.tgz I may try
unzipping them at a friend's FreeBSD server (via DSL) and downloading only
the one file I need from each package, rather than 'installing the
package' - would this work? I think I did this for the one ssl library
file needed by Lynx. Is there any reason I would want the whole jpeg6
package? Do I also need to make symlinks for the files?

I also download at 33K. I have THREE 33k modems but there does not seem
to be any way to use them serially to speed things up ;)