baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera 7.10 beta, graphical browser stuff

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera 7.10 beta, graphical browser stuff
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:54:45 +0000

James Miller wrote:

> Steven even seemed a bit embarrassed

Embarrassed and annoyed. I couldn't believe it would be
so simple. When I tried it, I fully expected it to skunk
the system. Boy, was I surprised when it worked.

> Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:29:50 +0000
> From: "Steven C. Darnold" <ichi AT ihug.co.nz>
> Subject: Running Slack81 binaries in BasicLinux

Wow, that was less than four months ago. At that stage,
I was still trying to update BL1. Subsequently I decided
to start fresh with BL2.

> I still kick and scream. I wouldn't wish the sort of
> headaches I have trying to get things going on anyone else.

Yeah, I still get those headaches, but much less frequently
than I used to. Most of it is self-inflicted. It would be
so much easier to spend $2000 on a new computer, install the
latest RedHat and let the point-and-click wizard solve all
the problems. But I really enjoy figuring these things out.
It's like mountain climbing. You really sweat on the way up,
but the view from the top makes it all worthwhile.

> But there's something addictive about it . . .

It's the opposite of a drug addition. With drugs the
enjoyment comes first and the pain later. :-)