baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera 7.10 beta, graphical browser stuff

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera 7.10 beta, graphical browser stuff
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:04:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, sindi keesan wrote:
> > Well, why don't you install the new library and report back to us? Steven
>
> Why don't I? I have no idea how to do this. I am new to linux, have
> barely managed to get the basics working, and would most likely completely
> screw up a currently working system. I tried once to replace one file at

I wish I could help, but I'm afraid you probably know more about this
already than I do. I only remember some vague details about how Steven
installed newer libraries on BL1.x: wasn't it just a matter of pkg'ing an
elflibs.tgz package or something, Steven? Would that work in Sindi's
case? I'm recalling it was something quite simple, and Steven even seemed
a bit embarrassed that he'd never tried it before. I'll append a copy of
that message below, in case there might be something helpful in it for
you.