baslinux - [BL] Opera 7.10 beta, graphical browser stuff

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Opera 7.10 beta, graphical browser stuff
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 20:03:41 -0500 (CDT)

Steven: did you note that Opera has come out with a new Linux beta - 7.10?
Seems like a chance that the bugs you were encountering in 6.XX may have
gotten worked out in that release. Are you planning on trying it? I may
give it a try.

Still haven't gotten much done on Skipstone, but am preparing to do so.
Just a clarification: Mozilla is needed only for compiling Skipstone,
right? If so, once one has compiled it, one could just get rid of
Mozilla it seems.

Finally, I wonder if the browser ViewML might be worth looking into. It's
in quite early stages of development, but it's based on KFM - the old KDE
file browser - so it's got some development behind it already. It says it
does minimal javascripting, and renders html 3.2. It's quite small -
under 2MB, I believe. One needs to install another package to get this to
compile - ftkl or something like that. The URL for the ViewML site is
http://www.viewml.com . It's being developed for embedded devices, as far
as I can tell.

More later.

James