b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jerry Shepherd <jshepherd53 AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:43:09 -0600

Hi Rolf,

It's me again.  I have a couple of questions for you.

1. You seem to be unable to admit that when the LXX mss used KS it was an abbreviation for KURIOS, but rather maintain that it was an immediate rendering of YHWH or IAO.  If your suggestion is correct, then why did they use these two particular letters and not some other pairing of letters?

2. When KS or KY or KN is used in NT mss in passages like Acts 2:36 or 2 Cor 13:14; would you also maintain that the original autographs had YHWH or IAO in those places?

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary