b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rolf" <rolf.furuli AT sf-nett.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 09:04:03 +0200

Dear Bryant,

There is also another book by G.L. Archer and G Chirichingo (referred to by
Dave), "Old Testament Quotations in the New Testament, Chicago:Moody Press,
1983. The book shows whether the Hebrew or Greek LXX are quoted, and the
differences between the quotes and that LXX and Hebrew texts we have today
are shown.

When you mention Pietersma and Tov, I would like to say that the two scholar
have different views regarding the name of God in the LXX. I was present at
the The Cogress of the International Organization for Septuagint and Cognate
Studies in Oslo in August 1998. In a lecture, E. Tov argued that the view of
Pietersma that the original LXX contained KURIOS was wrong. Pietersma was
present in the audience.

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
Stavern
Norway

Tirsdag 11. Juni 2013 02:25 CEST skrev "Rev. Bryant J. Williams III"