b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rev. Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Dave Washburn" <davidlwashburn AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:25:14 -0700

Dear Dave,

The book that Archer and Chirichigno was on the Book of Isaiah. I used in my graduate class of OT Themes in the NT with the late Dr. Hermann Austel (contributor of TWOT and EBC: Kings and translator of NASB in Kings) at Northwest Baptist Seminary. This class was excellent because we also had to deal with some Text Critical issues especially if we should adjust the massoretic pointing or not.

BTW, if I remember correctly, did not Emanuel Tov co-author a book on the LXX? Also Albert Pietersma was the moderator or editor for the NETS (New English Translation of the Septuagint). So there is a lot from him on this issue.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III