b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <davidlwashburn AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 10:06:30 -0700

I think "heck" may have just frozen over, because I completely agree with both Rolf and Karl. We're not going to recover any pronunciation; the people the name was given to don't pronounce it, so what makes us think we can do any better? These discussions pretty well always end up being futile. Can we talk about something else?