b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Rolf <rolf.furuli AT sf-nett.no>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 07:19:09 -0400

1. It means that the NAQDANIYM overruled the traditional reading.

2. The kaf is "fricative" only if you sound it so.

Isaac Fried, Boston University

On Jun 2, 2013, at 3:59 AM, Rolf wrote:

In Numbers 31:8 we find the plural construct form of MLK (king). First we see the closed syllable MAL, which is normal. Then we see the open syllable KE, which is not normal, because the kaf is fricative and should have been voiced. What does the fact that the kaf is fricative indicate?