b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rolf" <rolf.furuli AT sf-nett.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 16:59:38 +0200

Dear Isaac,

There are different views as to the origin of the dagesh. I was not arguing
in favor of any of these views, but my post was descriptive. This means that
I referred to certain Masoretic phonological rules. One rule is that when a
begadkefat is preceded by a vowel, the consonant is fricative.

Best regards

Rolf Furuli
Stavern
Norway