b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] My name translated to ancient Hebrew.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Hedrick Gary <GaryH AT cjfm.org>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] My name translated to ancient Hebrew.
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:38:50 -0600

I agree with Ken. "Hoax" implies deliberate deception. Many coders are not
hoaxers. They really believe it.

Just for fun, I bought a Torah code program once when I was in Israel. A
colleague and I used it to find all sorts of interesting things "encoded" in
the text of the Torah: our own names (spelled phonetically), Zorro, Micky
Mouse, and a bunch of other stuff.

Once you get the hang of it, it's harder to find something that's NOT
"encoded" in the Torah than to find something that IS.

The possibilities are virtually endless when you can read forward or
backward, up or down, diagonally, you can pick whatever skip interval you
wish, and you don't have to worry about pesky vowels (which end up being sort
of like wild cards and really help the process along).

Gary Hedrick
San Antonio, Texas USA