b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] My name in ancient Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] My name in ancient Hebrew
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 21:24:59 +0000

I am not against discussing the Bible Code on B-hebrew. I think it is
supposed to be a kind of religious miracle, so saying it is nonsense without
giving any reason could be considered saying it is wrong only for religious
reasons. If you say that the letters are different in different manuscripts,
then you are arguing using evidence and not just religious reasons to oppose
it.

Jack Kilmon said that scholars who search for Noah's ark are hucksters
working for the dark side of scholarship. That sounds like saying that a real
scholar can't be religious and believe in Noah's ark. That is not based on
Biblical Hebrew, but the belief that the Bible is full of myths. That makes
it a discussion about religious beliefs, in my opinion. If I remember
correctly, there were more anti-religious comments in his email that had
nothing to do with Biblical Hebrew.

I am not against people discussing Noah's ark and the Bible Code, but I
thought on B-hebrew, you are not supposed to attack other people's religious
beliefs.

Kenneth Greifer