b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] My name translated to ancient Hebrew.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Arnaud Fournet" <fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr>
  • To: "Jack Kilmon" <jkilmon AT historian.net>, "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] My name translated to ancient Hebrew.
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 15:52:56 +0100

Anyway, I suppose this is not a topic adequate for this list.
But, to put it very short:

1. It's quite amazing that more than 120 millions Americans (one in three!) believe Jesus actually set foot on the ground of the USA.
This is quite telling about the general level of unspeakable inculture of Americans.

2. Trying to debunk that kind of nonsense by applying its method is absurd.
To be frank something like "The Bible Code phenomenon was debunked by ** by finding messages that were negative with regards to the faith." strikes me as a logical absurdity.
That "method" or "approach" is absurd. It will certainly not be "debunked" by applying it. By applying it you only give it more legitimacy.

3. I don't think people who tend to believe in that kind of crap can be convinced it's wrong.

Arnaud Fournet

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Kilmon" <jkilmon AT historian.net>