b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] lock without a key

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] lock without a key
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 23:04:13 -0500

Hello Isaac:

Your analysis of חיל meanings sounds reasonable to me.

But the $64.00 question continues. When you read these two verses (numbers
31:9,14) in hebrew and then in english translation, does the substance
appear different to you?

It comes across different to me, with the hebrew having a more varied or
complex meaning than the english.

regards,

fred burlingame