b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Is there any such thing as "permissive"/"causative" tenses in Biblical Hebrew?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Chris Echols'" <chrisechols AT gmail.com>, "'b-hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Is there any such thing as "permissive"/"causative" tenses in Biblical Hebrew?
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 22:30:29 -0400

[SteveMiller:] Chris,

The Lemma is the root
ךָ (2nd row) should have been translated "your"
ם (5th row) could have been translated as "them" referring to "all the
wonders"
אֶת (12th & 18th rows) tells us that the next word is the direct object. We
don't have a counterpart in English
וֹ (14th row) should be translated "his"

The translation column is giving the translation of the root (Lemma), not the
translation of the form of the word as it is in the verse.

Sincerely,
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info
Judge me, O my Lord, for I have walked,
walked in my integrity,
and I have put my trust in the Lord.
I'll not slide away from Thee. (Ps 26:1)