b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] JPS Daniel 9:27

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] JPS Daniel 9:27
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 21:07:31 -0400

I don't think it can mean "make strong by military force" here because it is
"to the many", i.e. to the majority of the people of Israel. If a convenant
is forced on a people by military force, then it is upon the whole nation,
the is no purpose to saying "to the many". I think "to the many" indicates
that it will be imposed on them by modern democratic process.

Sincerely,
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info
Judge me, O my Lord, for I have walked,
walked in my integrity,
and I have put my trust in the Lord.
I'll not slide away from Thee. (Ps 26:1)