b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Zechariah 4:6-7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Zechariah 4:6-7
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:42:18 +0000

Steve Miller,

You asked me what I think is wrong with the translation of Zechariah 4:7, so
here is my opinion. For some reason that I don't understand, it is usually
translated "who are you, great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become a
plain." I am not sure why it says "you will become." I don't see the verb and
I am not sure if Hebrew automatically inserts that verb in certain places.

Maybe you could explain why you think it is there, but not written.

Kenneth Greifer

Bing brings you health info from trusted sources.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=pet+allergy&form=MHEINA&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TXT_MHEINA_Health_Health_PetAllergy_1x1