b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Corrupt MT

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Corrupt MT
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:21:50 -0700

Rolf:

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 5:02 AM, Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no> wrote:

> Dear list-members,
>
> I have the following question: Which examples would you give of
> words, expressions, or clauses in the Masoretic text that are
> unintelligible and probably represent a corrupt text?
>
> Best regards,
>

> Rolf Furuli
> University of Oslo

Psalm 22:17–18

17—Context indicates that K)RY should be a plural verb, K)RW
18—Context indicates that YR)W should be a plural in the construct
participle, YR)Y

The Nahal Heber scrap containing these verses has both as I
had concluded previous to my seeing it.

Most of my disagreements concern the dots, not the text itself.