b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Zechariah 4:6-7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Zechariah 4:6-7
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:06:10 +0000

Steve,

You treat the Tanakh like a dictionary. You think every word is in there in
every possible form and use, so you can come up with every possible rule for
every word. I think you are assuming that your rule about "with" is true, and
I am not going to try to prove you wrong. I don't have a computer program to
look up every place that word is used, and I don't think it matters anyway
because your rule is so unusual.

It would be like looking for the word house in the Tanakh and seeing it used
as "my house", "his house", etc, but never as "their house", so then you can
say the word "house" can't be used with "their" because the Tanakh never used
it that way.

Kenneth Greifer

Ready for Fall shows? Use Bing to find helpful ratings and reviews on digital
tv's.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=digital+tv's&form=MSHNCB&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MSHNCB_Vertical_Shopping_DigitalTVs_1x1