b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Corrupt MT

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Corrupt MT
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:09:00 +0000

Mr. Randolph,

You said that Psalm 22:17-18 does not make sense as "because dogs have
surrounded me, a company of evildoers has surrounded me like a lion, my hands
and my feet..."

You said that it needs a verb that you probably translate as "they have
pierced my hands and my feet."

I think it could say " because dogs have surrounded me, a company of
evildoers has surrounded me like a lion, my hands and my feet I will count,
all of my bones they will see." This could fit in with Psalm 22:7 that says
"I am a worm , and not a man." A worm does not have hands,feet, and bones. If
he feels like a lion later, then poetically he could say he now has hands,
feet, and bones. It is a wild guess, but it could be a possible explanation I
think.

It might be connected to Psalm 22:9 that might say "a heap is to the L-rd..."
and Psalm 22:15 that says his bones have parted. When your bones separate,
you can collapse into a heap and be like a worm without a structure to
support your body. These are all wild guesses.

Kenneth Greifer

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/