b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Zechariah 4:6-7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'kenneth greifer'" <greifer AT hotmail.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Zechariah 4:6-7
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 22:53:02 -0400

Hi Kenneth,
As usual, I underestimated the thought and knowledge you put into your
translations.

There are 2 Strongs #'s for et. The one I was thinking of was #853, which
points to the direct object. Strongs assigns the preposition et another no.,
#854. It is the same spelled word, differentiated according to context. This
is what Kirk Lowery replied. I was not aware #854 existed except when it has
a pronoun suffix.

#854 is used in 723 verses. I looked thru the uses in Genesis. There are
many links of noun with pronoun when a suffix added to et. Eventually I
found a clear link of noun to noun just using et. It is:
Ge 42:13 And they said, Thy servants were twelve brethren, sons of one man,
in the land of Canaan; and behold, the youngest is this day *with* our
father, and one is not.

So, I was wrong in what I said about et not relating 2 nouns, and I withdraw
that objection to your translations.

Sincerely,
-Steve Miller
www.voiceInWilderness.info
The Lord send your help from the sanctuary,
out of Zion support thee,
remember all your offerings,
and consume your burnt offering. Selah (Psalm 20:2-3)