b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew as a holy language

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: "Sarah J. Blake" <sarah AT growingstrong.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, George.Athas AT moore.edu.au, JimStinehart AT aol.com
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew as a holy language
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 21:17:27 +0100

I didn't quote a commentary. Jubilees claims to be a primary source. Evidence from the DSS has shown that the document is far older than we once believed it to be. Please don't take this as me siding with Jubilees. I haven't made my mind up yet. My purpose was to bring it out into public discussion so that I could learn more about it and then formulate an opinion.

So far, you haven't contributed anything to the discussion and instead of considering it objectively we turned the discussion into a debate about the value of sources. I suggest we get back on track and stop filling peoples inboxes with a pointless debate about the value of sources and actually start using them to bring something of worth to the discussion.

James Christian

Quoting "Sarah J. Blake" <sarah AT growingstrong.org>:

James,

Believe it or not, you can also have discussions based on secondary
sources. You did this when you quoted a commentary.

Sarah J. Blake
Personal email: sjblake AT growingstrong.org
http://www.growingstrong.org I'm protected by SpamBrave
http://www.spambrave.com/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.